Monday, 17 February 2014

Mini review #14 - Rimmel Nail Nurse


If you follow me over on the old Instagram, you will have seen that post-Christmas, my nails were looking a bit worse for wear. I'd had a Shellac colour put on over the festive period and in between that and not really treating treating them properly ever in my life, my nails were peeling, breaking and generally looking a bit horrible. All. The. Time.

When it came to looking for a solution, I wanted something long-term. I was sick of my nails getting to a certain length and just snapping off - this was to be a lifestyle change. And that meant no more biting, picking and generally letting them get into a mess. So, along with a 4-way buffing block, nourishing hand cream and some cuticle pusher backer thingys (basically a professional now aren't I?), me and my Nail Nurse Rescue from Rimmel had a hot date two or three nights a week in January. And you know what? My nails have never looked better for it. Okay, they're not super long, but they're strong, and that is a huge step for me!

Ignore the filters - I Instagrammed my progress!


According to the bottle, you're supposed to put it on every night, then on the second day take it off and start again. Well, this might just be me being lazy, but that sounds like a bit of a faff. So I did things my way and every other night I put a coat on (I had a lot of damage control to do, after all). When it seemed like it was starting to peel, I took the lot off and did a new coat. The only pictures I have are ones with the inevitable Instagram filter, but hopefully you get the jist of just what this little £5 bottle of goodness can do.

Now that my nails are long(ish) and strong(er), I've actually been looking forward to painting them (and keeping the colour on for longer than a day!). My nails have honestly never looked or felt better, so if you're looking for a long term solution to your brittle nails, you could do a lot worse than the Nail Nurse (I'm so sorry).

Have you ever tried this? What's your favourite nail strengthener?

Eve x

7 comments:

  1. Ooh looks like you got really great results! I've used the Nail Nurse bottom coat (cant remember the proper name...) and it's really helped to stop my nails from chipping. Good old Rimmel :) Rosie x
    Every Word Handwritten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The before picture doesn't really do justice to just how bad my nails were - they were a mess! They feel so much stronger now :) can't beat a bit of Rimmel! xx

      Delete
  2. Woohoo so glad the nail block worked for you! Nails are looking fab! I don't think I've tried this Rimmel one before but I've tried so many maybe I have!
    You know what else is surprisingly good? The clear Barry M nail polish. It's the one that's a basecoat, top coat and nail hardener in one. I use that before painting my nails and keeps them in good condition :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I meant to link to you actually as it's all thanks to you! Thanks Kaz :) I have a long way to go before they're anything like yours but I'm getting there. Oooh thanks for the tip - I flit between Seche Vite and Orly for my topcoats so I could do with getting a staple one that I know is good as both of them can be hit and miss. Cheers Kaz :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Woohoo so glad the nail block worked for you! Nails are looking fab! I don't think I've tried this Rimmel one before but I've tried so many maybe I have!
    You know what else is surprisingly good? The clear Barry M nail polish. It's the one that's a basecoat, top coat and nail hardener in one. I use that before painting my nails and keeps them in good condition :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty!

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on our blog - it really means a lot to us!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...