Monday, 4 August 2014

Getting creative with lipstick!

As a pinterestaholic and a hoarder of more beauty products than anyone needs, I'm always on the prowl for new make-up techniques that I can try out or finding a look that calls for a new beauty purchase! 

I'm not sure why, but I tend to do up my eyes rather than my lips, and go for a statement shadow or bold eyeliner when I'm trying to mix things up, but lately I've been giving some more attention to my lips and have fallen a bit in love with a few tricks I've learnt to make my puckers peachier! 

The Kylie Jenner:

Who else follows this insanely gorgeous SIXTEEN year old on Instagram and feels a pang of jealously when you see those plump, pouty lips covered in a beautiful nude lipstick? Same. Well, if you can't beat her, join her! For this look, you'll need a nude lip liner and nude lip gloss. Go slightly over your natural lip line, being cautious not to look too much like Pamela Anderson (although I think a little bit of Pammy is okay!) Then fill in with gloss, this will make your lips look even plumper as it'll reflect the light. 


The Foil Effect:

You'll need lipgloss and a powder eyeshadow or bronzer for this look. I used a brown coloured gloss under a shimmery bronzer, but you could use even gold eyeshdow for added metallic-ness. It's actually more wearable than you think, as long as you don't lick your lips too often! It also reminds me of the brown/gold shimmer lipglosses that the likes of Eternal and Honeyz used to wear. Oh nineties, how I miss you so. 

The Two Toned:

For this look, I used a purple and pink lipstick as well as lip liner. Starting from the outsides, fill in with the purple lipstick and leave the middle for only the pink. Smudge the lines where the colours meet to give a two toned effect. Again, another one that's more wearable than you'd think (provided you pop both lippies in your bag for touch ups!)

The Ombré: 

Probably my favourite out of the four, purely because of how summery it is! To create this look, I used a hot pink lipstick, a cool-toned pink and a purple lipstick. I put hot pink on my top lip, purple on the bottom and then dabbed the cool pink where my lips naturally meet in the middle. You could use any colours for this, but I love the warm to cool ombré effect. 

Super simple and easy ways to mix up your make-up routine! Would you try any of these? Check out my 'An eyeliner a day!' post for inspiration if eye make-up is more your thing!

Faye x



9 comments:

  1. These are all sooooo awesome! I can't decide which I love the best, the ombre is so cool and I am definitely going to attempt the two toned!

    Tosin x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tosin! Let me know if you give it a try! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I adore the two toned and the ombre, would love to give those a try myself but I'm not sure I have enough suitable colours!
    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the two toned and ombre looks! :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! They're my favourite too :) xxx

      Delete
  4. thank you for sharing these tips and techniques the foil looks amazing.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Mine too Amy - so simple but so effective :) xxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on our blog - it really means a lot to us!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...