Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Green hair, don't care!

Whether you know me via this blog or you know me in real life, you'll know that I am quite often moaning about my hair. To drag me out of my rut around six months ago, I got some chunky, dark blonde highlights put through it underneath and I loved how much it lifted my hair and made it look a bit more interesting.

But I was still a bit bored, and with my highlights crying out for a pop of colour to be added to them, I figured that if you can't experiment with green hair dye when you're just two months shy of your 26th birthday, then when the hell can you?

So I did. After hearing mixed (and largely negative, I have to say) reviews of Bleach London, I decided to pick up a bottle of the Crazy Colour hair dye in Pine Green from this seller on eBay and armed with this, a pair of gloves and an old towel, I was good to go!


I started off washing my hair with just shampoo (apparently dye doesn't take well to conditioned hair). Only wanting to colour the parts of my hair that were highlighted, I clipped the top half up, squirted some dye into my gloved hands, and quite literally slapped it onto the bottom half my hair. I started off trying to evenly distribute it with a comb, but then I figured the dye was only really going to take to the parts of my hair that had bleach on, so I just applied it liberally all over the highlights and ends.

I left it for about half an hour/40 minutes and then got in the shower. I washed it as usual, but I used the Herbal Essences Colour Ignite range to keep my green vibrant, and voila!

I only have a couple of crap iPhone/Instagram pictures (do I ever have anything else - Faye must despair of me!), but you get the idea!




So what do you think? Would you give green hair a go? Someone at work said I looked like "a cool mermaid". Don't know about you guys, but I'll certainly take that!

Eve x

ps. Keep your eyes peeled for a giveaway coming soon! :) so excited to share it with you all!

16 comments:

  1. Love it! I have ginger hair, so adding any 'fake' colour mean major clash! Wish I could have green x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie! You could experiment with reds & yellows :) x

      Delete
  2. Looks great! I don't think I'd suit green but it looks awesome on you :)

    ANIKA MILLER // UK FASHION AND STYLE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Anika! I think you'd be surprised :) it works surprisingly well! x

      Delete
  3. I don't think I'd give green a go, I fear it would just look mouldy!!

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo
    Enter my giveaway here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, fair enough! :) I love it - it's nice to do something a bit different x

      Delete
  4. If someone said green hair to me i'd be like hmm.. but looking at your post and your pictures.. i love it!! :) It looks great! :) Great post and I love the fact this blog is ran by sisters.. my blog is ran by me and my twin sister :)

    www.jenems.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... on paper it just shouldn't work. Even my friends have been like "green hair... I think I love it?!" haha, just got to experiment sometimes! Ah amazing, will come over & check yours out now!

      xx

      Delete
  5. I love crazy hair colours, I'm not sure green would look good on me though haha xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! You never know Gemma, give it a whirl ;) xx

      Delete
  6. It looks super cool on you! I lovee it

    Tosin x
    http://www.plumcherrytree.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Tosin! That's so nice of you :) x

      Delete
  7. How cool!! I love how the color looks in your hair!!

    XO,
    Shirley
    TrueHonestFashion

    ReplyDelete
  8. So amazing, looks gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a blonde, so I don't know that green would look that great on me, but it looks fabulous on you!
    Followed your blog via Google Friend Connect (:

    xo, Britnee
    The Model Cachet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on our blog - it really means a lot to us!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...